Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Here's a Thing

Words fail me. Occasionally, I come across a website that speaks with such sweet directness to my aesthetic that I just swoon. I fall in love with the web all over again. I've recently acquired one such 'web crush'. It's called BigThink, and the good Lord will forgive you if you spend the rest of the day in its arms.

BigThink presents simple videos of intelligent people discussing subjects they know quite well. Authors talk about the act of writing and the life of someone who dedicates themselves to the craft. Physicists talk about the universe. Economists talk Game Theory. It's really great stuff. My favourites thus far have been novelist Tom Perrotta, who is personable and direct, and author Michael Lewis, of Moneyball fame.

Since neither of my favourites are available to embed, check out Princeton Emeritus Professor Michael Walzer, talking about the same topic as Lewis, The Free Market + Morality:

No comments:

Post a Comment